Monday, April 7, 2008

After 20-year drought, Kansas rallies to beat Memphis for NCAA title

The headline sent a little shockwave through me. I thought I'd pop over to my blog to congratulate KU on their victory. I was thinking how the last time they won the championship I was a senior in high school. I plugged in www.espn.com to get the highlights and was face to face with the 20-year reference. I don't think about my age too much and I certainly don't try to act it, but that kind of hit me in a not so 'ha ha' funny way. I certainly don't mind being as far away from those high school days as possible, but I don't want to grow up either!

I'm so thankful that I still love to play and get to swim and bike and run almost every day!

It's after 11pm and I still have yet to pack a bag! I have plenty of piles and printed and mental lists, but the Element is still empty.
I have a short bike and run and swim in the morning before we hit the road...correction...before I pack and we hit the road. I know Jeff won't be waiting on me since he was focused on the game instead of packing too!

GO KU!!!!!! I am very proud to be a KU alumnus at this moment! At least I have until 2014 to hit that 20 year mark.

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

Hooray! Victory for KU - it's good to be in Kansas! Surely bright things are coming your way - I can just tell. Have fun packing your stuff - you'll be just fine, I promise!!! And if you forget anything - you can just get it at the race expo. You'll begreat!

Have great workouts tomorrow, get the gear packed up, and drive safe!

Love to you!!!