Saturday, April 5, 2008

No time for Sudoku

There is a lot more calculating and attention to details with Ironman. I have had every intention to sit down and put in writing my IM plan. I keep putting it off….I have plenty of time. But, just like how those long training sessions created a time warp in my day, there has been a time warp over the last several months and now I am a week away. One of my greatest weaknesses is turning good intentions into actions. Unfortunately, I can’t undo the not doing of the things I have intended to do. I am working on letting go of the guilt of my not done’s and trying to use that energy instead to actually do the things I intend to do.

For example, I have a stack of many months worth of triathlon and running magazines that I have yet to read. A lot of times I don’t feel worthy of taking the time to read them, because I have too many to do’s that I need to get done first. Sometimes I know I will just get overwhelmed after reading them because I will end up creating too many good intentioned to do’s for myself. Other times, they just make me cry, and I just don’t have the strength to deal with it. I know, pretty silly, but that’s just me.

I’m down to just packing up and hitting the road to AZ. I wish the drive were longer than 18 hours. I have A LOT to do in that precious time before IMAZ! I have plenty of calculating, strategizing and reading of all those magazines and printed blogs of my friends who have been to Ironman before to fill up the drive. Oh yeah…and stretching my spare tubulars and sewing anti-chafe patches on my uniform. ACK…I hope Jeff can handle all the driving, I have every intention of being very busy. If I just keep feeding him, all should be good. I’ll have to leave the Sudoku book at home though; there will be no time for that!

2 comments:

Marit C-L said...

Hey Leslie! Slow down and relax - everything will get done that you need to get done. I have no doubt about that. You're so squared away with everything - YOU KNOW what to do, and now it's just a matter of doing. I have full confidence in you - you will be SPECTACULAR! No worries, my friend. Everything will be okay - it's your time to shine. So do it brightly!

Jerome Harrison said...

LESLEY! GOOD luck and go get em! you will do JUST SUPER..and remember to enjoy the day! Jen H.